Wednesday 7 March 2012

Body Shop Love Gloss


Body Shop are really famous for the Body Butters ( of which I own about ten), however the makeup really isn't spoken about very much. I had my Makeup done there (for free!) and at the time the deal was buy any two makeup items and receive a  free Mascara ( worth £10), so I buckled and chose this gloss and a foundation brush. This shade is definitely still sold by Body Shop ( at least it was as of last week ), but for some reason they don't have it on the website, but should you want to look for other colours then 'clicky'.
I love both he packaging and applicator of this product, it looks very high end and it's one of those products that you would be proud to have in your makeup bag. As for the look of the product on the lips, it looks beautiful, very shimmery but not cheap looking, it's also a very flattering shade that would compliment most skin tones, it's not very pigmented at all, but I don't think it's supposed to be.
I feel like I'm insulting the product by using this picture as it doesn't even come close to showing how pretty the product is. Just for clarification the gold colour is an eyeliner swatch for a different review. The shimmery pink in the middle is this lip gloss.
I'm so disappointed with the picture as I feel like the look of the product is it's main redeeming feature. It feels very sticky on the lips and you can even feel the little specks of glitter when you pres your lips together, which isn't awfully pleasant. However if you leave your lips alone it will last as long as you would expect a £10 lip gloss to last.

All in all, I do love the look of this whenever I wear it, but saying that I don't wear it very often because a) It's too expensive for everyday wear and b) I have to be in a mood where the feel of it won't bother me. I should really point out that this is my most expensive lip product to date and it's sadly, despite the prettiness it is not my favourite. In hindsight I really wish I had bought the Blusher ( Shade Petal), which looks terrifying in the pan but was actually beautiful.
Please do let me know if there are any products you'd like me to review,
This is all,
Gemmm xxx



2 comments:

  1. Nice blog so far :-) Kepp up the good work

    You can check me out at
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Nice blog yourself, became a follower xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! I read and reply to every single one!