Saturday 13 April 2013

Dare I say Holy Grail Foundation?

I'm a typical Brit when it comes to complaining (we love it), so imagine my surprise when I  realized  that I've found a high street foundation that I actually bloomin' love! My skins quite dry and I really struggle to find a foundation that sits right. Especially on my nose, that pesky little bugger is the ultimate test of a foundation! Anyway I've had this for a good few months now and I thought it should  receive  the dazzling review it deserves!


And here she is! It's the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum *here* Yeah yeah, I'm sure you've heard about this before but to be totally honest it's worth the hype *horrible expression*. I tried the orginal Healthy Mix and honestly thought that it was okay, nothing special at all. This however is so much more nourishing and very very natural looking. In fact one of my friends didn't know I wore foundation daily as this looks so natural! I'd put the coverage and light to medium but you can  definitely  build it up. It's also very good if you like to only apply  foundation  to certain areas of the face.

I usually apply this beaut with a Real Techniques Buffing brush *here*, however it works beautifully with fingers and my Body Shop foundation brush*here*, so take your pick.
The proof is in the pudding and I think the pictures above show the difference it makes. In regards to staying power this is really nice, however what I like is that is doesn't fade into patches or awkward face crevices, it fades really nicely and evenly which is something that's surprisingly hard to find. 

I'm not going to lie to you, this hasn't quenched my founation thirst *strangest expression ever*, I'm still looking for a good night out/special occasion founation. The closest I've come to finding a night out foundation is the Touche Eclat foundation but I just can't find the heart to hand over £29 for it! 

Oh and this foundation retails for around a tenner, but it's often on some sort of 3 for 2 or discount.
This is all, 
Gemmm xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite foundation at the moment too, I find I do have to build the coverage up though. It looks really nice on you, but you look lovely without foundation as well! x

    taupeandpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos show a little more coverage than I'd normally have, I really like that the coverage is buildable, makes it more multi purpose :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! I read and reply to every single one!