Thursday 30 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This book wasn't part of my 50 books challenge; I actually read it sometime last year. However with the trailer (below) being released yesterday I can't stop thinking about it.

The Fault in Our Stars is my favourite book. I've never had a more emotional reaction to any story and I've also never had a story that's meant so much to me. The thing I find strange though is that I have no idea why. I've never had or known anyone with cancer and I've never known someone the same age as me who has died.  I know I'm not the only one as well; the book is adored by many people and I presume a lot of them have been as fortunate as I have in not have experienced most of the things in the book. The only thing about the story I can relate to is falling in love and I think maybe that's why I find the book so emotional. It's so beautiful and so true of what it feels like to be in love at that age. There's no unrealistic romantic gestures and similarly there are cringe-worthy moments between the characters that ring true of my own experiences. I think the book is so emotional because I know how the characters felt and I can't possibly imagine the depth of the pain after a love so real. Because that's the thing, the love isn't perfect and it isn't a fairytale ending by any means. It's just so damned real.

You can see the trailer for the film below. If you haven't read the book the I'd recommend it very much. Prior-warning I've watched the trailer about ten times and wept every single one.

Okay? Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment! I read and reply to every single one!